Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 31st - Going to Montmartre and the Sacre Coeur

J'adore Paris! Paris is amazing! I love our group. I'm having so much fun getting to know everyone. I adore my roommate Stephanie! At this very moment she is making us a lovely Salmon dinner. Paris is definitely an incredibly enchanting city. I will never forget this trip and all the people I'm traveling with. It definitely has been an amazing experience so far. I'm in heaven. I'm sick, but I'm still enjoying myself. I hope that soon I will get better so that I can continue to have fun. Anyways, today we went to Montmartre and visited the Sacre Coeur. I actually enjoyed the outside of the Sacre Coeur more than the inside. Outside of the building there were musicians. My favorite was a man playing the harp. He played so beautifully. There were also people dressed up like statues and they were quite artistic and very neat. Colin and I also walked below and there was a lovely fountain area there. Everything is just so amazing. I just cannot even try to explain it. It's indescribable. We learned in our readings that the word Montmartre means the "mountain of the martyr." We also learned that the outside of the Sacre Coeur is amazingly white and stays that way because it is constantly giving off calcite. When we saw the Sacre Coeur from the Centre Beaubourg it really was magnificently white and did stand out from the other buildings and structures in Paris. We also had a nice "menu" lunch, which came with an appetizer/starter, and main course and a dessert. One student tried the force-feed goose liver. I would never. I guess he liked it. I could go on and on talking about today and this week, but I just don't have the time. Paris keeps me very busy. Anyways, tonight after dinner Stephanie and I are going to go with the boys to get some snails. Dinners ready! I gotta go eat now. What a GREAT DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment